Greystone Construction provides complete Design-Build services and has extensive experience as a Design-Builder. This delivery method has many advantages: fast tracking is possible, shorter overall project schedule, price is established early, owner’s risk is reduced, and more.
In the Design-Build delivery method, the Owner selects a Design-Builder before the start of design. The Design-Builder is the single point of project responsibility for the Owner. The Design-Builder selects a reputable, experienced Architect/Engineer and assumes responsibility and risk for services provided by the Architect/Engineer. The Owner, Design-Builder, and Architect/Engineer collaborate from the start.
This Design-Build team approach works very well with fast track construction projects. Value engineering, scheduling, and project budgets are all being incorporated during the design phase of the project.
Some of the benefits the design-build approach offers the owner are:
- Greystone's experience in developing a project from concept to completion.
- The design team will include design professionals from each discipline necessary to complete all work included in the project.
- The owner becomes a member of the Design-Build team. The extent of the owners participation in the design-build process will vary from project to project.
- Project budgets are established early in the project development stage. Cost control measures are in place during the design development phase of the project.
- Schedules may be accelerated because design, finance issues, estimating, subcontract selection, permit application and construction may overlap (fast track).
- The team approach to design and construction minimizes costly change orders after construction contracts have been signed and construction has begun.
- Design costs are reduced due to the team approach used in the design-build process.